Basic Counselling Skills
With nearly 70 years’ experience in counselling individuals, couples, families and young people Relate Coventry & Warwickshire offers high quality basic counselling skills training. A Relate Certificate of Completion will be gained on completion.
This 1 day course is for individuals who are interested in counselling, those working in a helping role, or anyone who would like to develop new listening and communication skills to be used in both professional and personal settings.
- Person-centered, 3 Stage Model
- Counselling skills, active listening and choosing effective communication styles
- Different types of ‘helping’, suitability and limitations
- Ethics and boundaries
- Skills practice associated with the 3 Stage Model
- Personal constructs
- Loss cycle
- Assessing readiness and enabling change
- SMART goal setting
Course date: Thursday 26th September 2019 – 9.30 – 4.30pm
Venue: Relate Coventry and Warwickshire, 1110A Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue, Coventry. CV5 6UB
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01302 380945